Every Candidate for certification in Basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations (STCW Code Table A-V/1-1-1); shall be required to demonstrate the following listed level of competence:
1. Contribute to the safe cargo operation of oil and chemical tankers.
2. Take precautions to prevent hazards.
3. Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures.
4. Carry out fire-fighting operations.
5. Respond to emergencies.
6. Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of oil or chemicals.
5 Days (Monday - Friday)
Assessment is continuous during the course, with a final written and onboard practical assessment on the last day.
uccessful candidates will receive certificate of training in Basic Oil & Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations.
For the issue of a Certificate of Proficiency in Basic Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations candidate must:
(a) Hold the four accepted basic safety training certificates of proficiency in Personal Survival at Sea Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1); Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2); Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3); & Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code A-VI/1-4).
(b) Successfully complete an approved training programme in Basic oil and chemical tanker cargo operations meeting the standards of competence specified in section Table A-V/1-1-1 of the STCW Code.